Overview of Hostel
The 2016 & 2017 Hostelworld award winner of the most popular hostel in Ho Chi Minh City! We are super social, mega clean and offer awesome value. Our amazing facilities include our brand new rooftop bar looking out over the beautiful 23/9 park and city, coffee shop, tour/transport booking service an
How to get to us:
1. If you are arriving into Tan Son Nhat airport, there are 3 ways to reach our hostel:
- The easiest way to get to us is by bus. Bus 109 leaves every 20 minutes (between 5:30AM and 1AM) directly from the international terminal, stops at the domestic terminal then heads to District 1 (this is a new service started in March 2016 and is a brand new bus that takes a direct route with less stops). The cost is 20,000VND (90 Cents) and it drops you off at the bus station down the street from The Hideout Hostel.
- You can also get a taxi, we recommend you use a VINASUN or MAI LINH taxi as these will not rip you off and only use meters to calculate the fare. This will cost you from 150.000 to 200.000 VND - approximately $7-10 and take around 25-30 minutes depending on traffic. The taxi will drop you off at 279 Pham Ngu Lao street, District 1.
- Or the cheapest way from the airport is to catch the bus 152 which you will find parked outside the arrival exit of the airport. The journey will take approximately 40 minutes and it will stop at a bus interchange opposite Ben Thanh Market. Hop off the bus at the interchange, then you can walk down from Ben Thanh market to our Hostel in around 10 minutes. It operates between 7AM and 7PM and the cost is 5000VND (20 Cents).
2. If you are coming to Ho Chi Minh by tourist bus it will drop you off at the bus station on Pham Ngu Lao St then just walk to our hostel.
3. If you are arriving by train to the station you are able to get a VINASUN or MAI LINH taxi (good value taxi). This will cost you from 70.000 to 100.000 VND and takes around 20 minutes. The taxi will drop you off at 279 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1..
We are located down Pham Ngu Lao Street the famous backpacker area of Ho Chi Minh City. Named after the famous general Pham Ngu Lao from the Tran Dynasty, many people now say it is Saigons answer to Khaosan Road in Bangkok and is a tourist attraction itself. There are many bars, shops and restaurants where locals and tourists come to hang out, eat, drink and party.
Conditions & Policy
- Cancellation policy: 48h before arrival for free cancellation. - Payment upon arrival by cash, credit cards, debit cards (Visa, MasterCard). - Taxes included. - For group bookings we will always try our best to put you together in the same room, however it is not always possible. - A Deposit of 50,000 VND for the keys and 100,000 VND for Towels is required. - Check in from 14:00 onwards - Check out before 11:00 am - You need a valid passport in order to check-in! No Passport = No check-in! - Reception 6:00 am to 10:00pm. - Check-in 24 Hours - Security 24 Hours - No curfew - No smoking throughout the building - Over 18's only Liabilities: - The Hideout Hostel Saigon does not accept liability for the death, sickness or injury to any guest or for the loss, theft or damage to any guest property however sustained or caused. It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure that their belongings are secure at all times. - Guests are liable for any loss or damages (above wear and tear) to the property. Charges may be charged to the credit card used in the initial booking. - While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information we provide, The Hideout does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information.